Call for Entries
The Young Women’s Caucus is proud to present
THE APRON SHOW
(A TOURING EXHIBITION)
This exhibition will start in Hancock, MI. It will travel to St. Louis, MO and Denver, CO - spending a month on display in each city.
Aprons are protective garments worn to keep clothing clean. Before the 1960’s, aprons were very popular for women to keep their “delicate” clothing from getting soiled. Aprons are also associated with women because of their “domestic, homemaker responsibilities”.
QUESTIONS AND SUBMISSIONS? Email us! Youngwomenscaucus@gmail.com
How to Participate: Make an apron or alter an old one!
- Open to males and females, all ages.
- Open to all media.
- The apron should be mailed in a flat envelope, sized 11 ½” x 14 ½” or smaller.
- There is a $5 entry fee to defray shipping costs.
- If you want your piece returned, please include a SASE with sufficient postage to ship your apron.
- The YWC holds 10% for any sold pieces. For pieces not for sale, please clearly mark them NFS.
- The Young WC has the right to not include a submission due to complication of shipping or hanging.
- Photographing rights are required for promotional purposes.
State:__________________ Entry fee: paid pending
Title of Art:_____________ Entry Deadline: 12/04/09
Ship to: Apron Show c/o Reflection Gallery
200 Michigan St Hancock, MI 49930